For best results, use a traditional Norwegian waffle iron.
For the waffles
6 large eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup melted butter
- In a large mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to beat together eggs, sugar and vanilla extract until creamy.
- Mix in flour, baking powder and salt until just combined.
- Add in sour cream and melted butter and mix until the batter is smooth. Let it rest for 20 minutes before making the waffles.
- Heat a heart-shaped waffle iron and spray it with nonstick cooking spray or brush with melted butter.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the batter onto the waffle iron, close, and cook until light brown. Serve with butter and brown cheese, or whipped cream topped with jam.